The countdown has started for the London Olympic Games as there is less than a year to go before one of the biggest sport events is hosted by London. Preparations are also well under way in Russia where in 2014 the Winter Olympic Games will be held in Sochi. Another major championship hosted by Russia is, of course, the World Football Cup in 2018.
All this, certainly, means there are a lot of commercial opportunities for international companies in Russia as the country still needs to improve its transport and hospitality infrastructure, to design and build numerous sports facilities, in other words, modern Russia is not just all about oil and gas. This was discussed at the recent networking afternoon organised in Birmingham by the Russia Midlands Business Club.
Talk Russian's sister company, Digimedia, produced a short video about the business club and what it is about. You can watch the video by clicking on the link below.
Some facts on UK-Russia trade:
- It is currently worth 6 billion pounds a year;
- Nearly 600 British companies are active in Russia;
- Russian companies account for 13% of all international IPOs on the London Stock Exchange;
- UK law firms in Moscow are among the most successful in the world;
- Britain's revenue from Russian tourists accounts for 500 million pounds a year.
[Tip: To discuss your Russian translation requirements, call us on 0207 0436940 or email email@example.com]